Dr. William H.A. Beaudot founded KyberVision in late 2003 in Montreal, Canada. Graduated in Computer Science from the University Joseph Fourier of Grenoble (France) and titular of a Ph.D. from the "Institut National Polytechnique" of Grenoble, Dr. Beaudot is an expert in artificial and biological vision.After getting a Ph.D. in Computer Science in 1994, he joined the Swiss Center for Electronics and Microtechnology (CSEM SA, Neuchâtel, Switzerland) as a R&D Engineer in the field of neuromorphic systems until 1997. Dr. Beaudot then pursued his career as a Post-Doctoral research fellow from 1997 to 2001, and as a Research Associate from 2001 to 2003 at McGill University (Montréal, Canada) in the field of visual psychophysics and the computational modeling of the human vision system.
He is now President & Chief Scientist at KyberVision Japan LLC in Sendai (Miyagi, Japan).
Dr. Beaudot has presented his research works in numerous international conferences, and published in renowned scientific journals. Here is a selection of his publications (follow this link for a comprehensive list):
- Beaudot & Mullen (2006) Orientation discrimination in human vision: Psychophysics & Modeling, Vision Research 46(1-2):26-46
- Beaudot & Mullen (2003) How long-range is contour integration in human color vision? Visual Neuroscience 20(1):51-64
- Beaudot (2002) Role of onset asynchrony in contour integration, Vision Research 42(1):1-9
- Hess, Beaudot & Mullen (2001) Dynamics of contour integration, Vision Research, 41(8):1023-1037
- Beaudot (1997) A neuromorphic recurrent model for figure-ground segregation of coherent motion, Perception Vol. 26 Suppl. (Abstract), p. 17
- Beaudot (1996) Sensory coding in the vertebrate retina: Towards an adaptive control of visual sensitivity, Network: Computation in Neural Systems 7(2):317-323
- Beaudot (1994) Le traitement neuronal de l'information dans la rétine des vertébrés : Un creuset d'idées pour la vision artificielle, Thèse de Doctorat es Science en Informatique, INPG, Grenoble (France), Décembre 1994