FieldOfView helps users optimize the viewing distance and/or field of view for their TV sets, computer displays or projection systems. Based on the resolution and size of the display, viewing distance is automatically adjusted to reach the specified field of view or vice versa. Users can choose amongst a list of standard displays or provide custom resolution and size of their display. Size and distance can be specified either in metric or non-metric units. Pixel density, aspect ratio and Nyquist frequency (NF) are also provided for the particular display or viewing conditions. Finally, three standard presets (TV, SMPTE, THX, Acuity) are available to optimize the viewing conditions. Users can measure their visual acuity using our app entitled "Visual Acuity" also available on the AppStore.
FieldOfView is also the perfect tool for vision scientists who want to check the geometry calibration of their experimental display!
Version 1.4 (November 4, 2016):
- iOS 10 compliant Interface
- Compatibility with iPhone 5 to iPhone 7+
- Precision improvement
- Ratio and density can be changed to find associated pixel resolution
- Addition of TV standard (20 FOV)
- Additional standard resolutions in display presets
- Simplified & traditional Chinese, Japanese & Spanish localizations of the interface
Version 1.3.3 (October 29, 2009):
- Addition of the iFrame resolution (960x540) and a few diagonal sizes (5", 23", 103") in display picker.
Version 1.3.2 (August 4, 2009):
- Addition of a few resolutions (pico-projectors: WqVGA 392 x 224, qVGA 300 x 224, WVGA 854 x 480, WQVGA 428 x 240, LCD: WSXGA 1440 x 900/960, High-res projectors: PROJ8K 8192 x 4320, Super Hi-Vision SHV 7680 x 4320) and diagonal sizes (67", 80") in display picker.
Version 1.3.1 (May 16, 2009):
- Addition of a few resolutions and diagonal sizes in display picker (QFHD 3840 x 2160, WQXGA 2560 x 1440, 70", 82", 108", 150"),
- Fixes compatibility issues with iPhone OS 3 Beta 5.
Version 1.3 (Apr 14, 2009):
- Addition of a few resolutions and diagonal sizes in display picker (WXGA, PROJ2K 2048 x 1080, PROJ4K 4096 x 2160, 55" ,63"),
- Addition of a button in resolution picker to enter display diagonal if not available in the list (useful for custom projector size),
- Screen size expressed now in cm rather than mm,
- Better support for projection systems in terms of screen size and viewing distance.
Version 1.2 (Mar 9, 2009):
- Users can now specify their own visual acuity in settings to determine their acuity-based optimal viewing distance (rather than using the standard 20/20).
Version 1.1 (Feb 10, 2009):
- Several bugs fixed,
- Diagonal expressed now either in cm or inch in display picker.
Version 1.0 (Dec 30, 2008):
- First released version on AppStore.